NORTH POLK COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION BOARD MEETING NOTES
Thursday, August 15, 2019
Called to order by President Heintz at 6:0o p.m.
Approved Consent Items
- Meeting Minutes
- Monthly Bills
- Dose, L.--Assistant High School Volleyball Coach
- Felderman, M.-Assistant Tennis Coach
- Haupert, A.--MS Softball
- Haupert, H.--volunteer HS Softball Coach
- Lowe, L.--Central Sp Ed Associate
- Loy, S.--volunteer 7th grade girls Basketball Coach
- Middleton, D.--Head Varsity Baseball
- Osborn, D.--MS Custodian
- Osborn, G.--Payroll/Benefits Specialist
- Parsons, P.--West Para Educator
- Westphal, A.--Central Sp Ed Associate
- Goughnour, T.--MS Volunteer Cheer
- Lavicky, J.--Assistant Varsity Volleyball
- McDonald, J.-- Level 2 Investigator
- Muehlenthaler, M.-- HS Study Hall Supervisor
- Nerem, M.--Assistant Varsity Volleyball volunteer
- Rinehart, L.--MS Play Director
- Rutledge, K.--HS Study Hall Supervisor/HS Football Cheer
- Satre, R.--HS AD
- Van Polen, L.--West 4th grade
- Walker, J. -- Volunteer 8th grade Football
- Vendor/Partnership Agreements
- Communication Innovators--security camera improvements
- School Board Candidate Timelines
- Aug. 26: First day to file nomination papers with the board secretary.
- Sept. 19: Last day to file nomination papers with the board secretary. The deadline is 5 p.m.
- 50 signatures required
- 3 positions open (2-4 year terms, Heintz & Potter) (1-2 year term, Lackore)
- Tax Assessment Appeal information
Heard Administrator & Director Reports
- Handbooks--High School, Elementary, & Licensed Employee
- Board Policy Review, Updates, & Deletion
- 402.5 Public Complaints About Employees--becomes new policy 213.1
- 404.2 policy based on the previous NCLB requirements...updated ESSA policies will be forthcoming
- 404.3 Arrests included in policy 404 and handbook
- 404.4 Standard 8 reference now included in Policy 404
- 413.6 Classified Employee Voluntary Early Retirement-
- 2nd & final reading of Policy 401.12 Employee Cell Phone Use
- Reviewed 600 Series
- 604.8 Foreign Exchange--approved first and final readings.
- Disposal of Equipment-items that are deemed “of value” will be sold on govdeals. Those of non-value or not sold on govdeals will be disposed of.
- Dishwasher-clean end table
- Single door reach in cooler
- Old band uniforms
- 47 lockers
Set September work session date for September 4 at 6:00 p.m. in the District Board Room.
Approved Boundary Matter Legal Representation by Ahlers Law Firm
Board Updates--update on business manager and payroll/benefits hiring process.
Adjourned 7:21 p.m.