Code No. 405.4
LICENSED EMPLOYEE CONTINUING CONTRACTS
Contracts entered into with licensed employees, other than an administrator, will continue from year to year board except as modified or terminated as provided by law. The board may issue temporary and nonrenewable contracts in accordance with law.
Licensed employees whose contracts will be recommended for termination by the board will receivedue process as required by law. The superintendent will make a recommendation to the board for the termination of the licensed employee’s contract.
Licensed employees who wish to resign, to be released from a contract, or to retire must comply with applicable law and board policies.
- Ar-We-Va Community School District v. Long and Henkenius, 292 N.W.2d 402 (Iowa 1980).
- Bruton v. Ames Community School District, 291 N.W.2d 351 (Iowa 1980).
- Hartman v. Merged Area VI Community College, 270 N.W.2d 822 (Iowa 1978).
- Keith v. Community School District of Wilton in the Counties of Cedar and Muscatine, 262 N.W.2d 249 (Iowa 1978).
- Iowa Code §§ 272; 279.
- 405.3 Licensed Employee Individual Contracts
- 405.9 Licensed Employee Probationary Status
- 407 Licensed Employee Termination of Employment
Reviewed: 3/25/2009, 01/23/2014
Revised: 4/18/2009, 10/19/2017