*Please note, the following items may not be school-related. The district is unable to highlight or promote events that are not directly related to our schools. With inquiries or submissions to this page, please email us at email@example.com.
Community Events & Activities
Box Tops Program: West Elementary and the NP West PTA participate in the General Mills Scholastic Box Tops for Education program. Through this program, students collect Scholastic Box Tops to help support education and benefit West Elementary. Students who participate in the Box Tops for Education program will receive dollar for dollar book fair credit to be redeemed at the NP West PTA Spring Scholastic Book Fair.
- To receive credit, all Box Tops MUST be glued or taped (no staples please) to a collection sheet.
- Return collection sheets back to your teacher or the school office for credit any time prior to the deadline. Send soon – send often!
- For every Box Top attached to a collection sheet, the student will receive 10¢ to be used at the fair. For example, a completed sheet of 50 is worth $5 at the book fair.
- Please check the expiration date as well - do not submit any expired Box Tops. They CANNOT be submitted to the Box Tops program.
- Any Bonus Box Tops must be included in a separate baggie, not attached to the collection sheet.
- The student's full name, grade and teacher needs to be on each form/baggie to receive credit, even if they are submitted together.
- The 2019 Fall deadline to submit Box Tops will be Friday, October 18. If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Fall Book Fair will be held during the Parent/Teacher Conferences in November.
- Additional collection sheets can be found at www.boxtops4education.com, Earn tab, Clip Box Tops link, Collection Projects link, choose any of the collection sheets available.
Comet Sleepover: Spend the night at the high school with the North Polk Comet Girls Basketball Team. Bring your sleeping bag, pillow, tennis shoes, and sweats.
- Where: North Polk High School Gym
- When: September 27th, Check in at 8:00pm, Pick up at 8:00am
- Who: Girls grades 1-8
- What: Pizza, games, movie, photos taken with the team, and MORE!
- Cost: $25 per girl (checks payable to NP Boosters Girls Basketball)
- ** Walk-ins welcome, cost $30 and may not receive a t-shirt**
- Extra forms will be available in the office or they can be found on the middle school website.
Community Flu Clinic: Polk County Health Department will host a Community Flu Clinic at North Polk High School on October 8 from 4-7PM. PCH will bill patients' insurance (please bring insurance card), and ask for a $25 donation from those not insured.
Little Comet Cheer Clinic
- When: September 17th & 20th
- Who: All K-6th Grade
- Cost: $30
- Clinic Times: September 17 from 5:30-7:30PM and September 20 from 6-7PM
- Performance Date: September 20 at 7:15PM, before the varsity football game
- Register before September 15 to participate. https://www.northpolkcamps.
- With questions, contact email@example.com