*Please note, the following items may not be school-related. The district is unable to highlight or promote events that are not directly related to our schools, and the items below are provided only to inform you of other community activities and opportunities.
With inquiries or submissions to this page, please email us at email@example.com.
Community Events & Activities
Elite 360 Training: A sports, but mainly basketball focused business ran by Lyndsey Fennelly offering camps for athletes, both males & females, from 3rd - 12th grade. After running everything out of Ames for over a decade, we are now hosting camps at the new MidAmerican Energy RecPlex in West Des Moines. Click here for flyer.
- The library is a U.S. Passport Acceptance Facility. We can file your application for a new passport and take passport photos.
- National Library Week April 4-10: “Welcome to Your Library.” Stop in each day Monday-Friday for a special treat.
- 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten: Register at polkcitylibrary.beanstack.org and log the reading you share with your child. If you participated in the 2020 Summer or 2021 Winter Reading Challenge you’re all set! Use your same log-in information and you will see the new challenge available for your child. Paper logs are available upon request.
- Story Time Mondays Online 10:30AM: Join Ms. Melissa on the Polk City Community Library Youth Facebook page for live stories, songs, rhymes and more.
- Busy Bees Activities (ages 3 to 5 yrs): Pick up a new packet each week that contains activities to help your Busy Bee learn and grow. Packets become available at 10:00am each Monday.
- Earth Day Grab and Go Craft for Teens: Available for pick up starting April 1. Make a Faux Succulent Hanging Planter.
- Earth Day STEM kits for grades K-5: Available for pick up starting April 1. Make an egg shell planter and learn about recycling.
- Spring Craft Kits for grades K-5: Available for pick up starting April 1. Fun craft kits available to get you excited about spring!
- Book Club (6th grade and up): Ranger’s Apprentice by John Flanagan. Tuesday April 13th 4:00 p.m. on Zoom. Call the library and pick up your copy of the book starting Wednesday, March 9th while supplies last. Read, then join us on Zoom for some fun discussion.
- Book Club (K-2nd Grade): King & Kayla and the Case of the Lost Tooth by Dori Hillestad Butler. Tuesday April 20th 4:00 p.m. on Zoom. Call the library and pick up your copy of the book starting Wednesday, March 17 while supplies last. Read, then join us on Zoom for some fun discussion.
- Book Club (3rd-5th Grade): The Chocolate Lab Tug-of-war by Eric Luper. Tuesday April 27 4:00 p.m. on Zoom. Call the library and pick up your copy of the book starting Wednesday March 24 while supplies last. Read, then join us on Zoom for some fun discussion.
With questions, please call the library at 515.984.6119.
Fuel the imagination of your future world-changer with our innovative and FUN hands-on STEM experience - now with in-person OR at-home options available!
- When: Saturdays in April (4/3, 4/10, 4/17, 4/24)
- Grades 3 & 4: 8-9am
- Grades 5 & 6: 9-10am
- Location: NP Middle School Gym (use south doors)
- Cost: None
- Sign up: https://register.ryzer.com/camp.cfm?sport=2&id=184000
Post Prom Can Drive: We had such an overwhelming support of the can drive earlier this year- we've decided to do it again!
Through April 17 donations can be made in the Collection Bin found at the RE/MAX Concepts Office Parking Lot, on the NE Side of the Building, which is at 905 W Bridge Rd in Polk City.
At this time we are requesting no glass bottles. Only donate Cans and Plastic Bottles. See the attached flyer for details! Thank you for supporting North Polk Post Prom.
Polk City Little League registration is now open: Link to register: Polk City Little League > Home (bluesombrero.com). This is for ages 4 through 12. Check out our Facebook page, too, for continued updates, reminders, or to ask questions: https://www.facebook.com/PolkCityLittleLeague/.