Test Taking Tips for Families
We'd like to provide a few tips to help students to have a positive experience when testing:
- Make the morning of the test a pleasant one.
- Remind your child to attempt to answer all of the questions and not to leave any blank.
- Remind your child that the test is important. It sounds simple, but many parents do not reiterate this. Most children will put forth their best effort when they know it is important.
- Explain to your child the importance of using time wisely. If your child gets stuck on a question, encourage him or her to make the best guess.
- Get your child to school on time the day of the test. Give yourself extra time to get to school that morning.
- Ensure that your child gets a decent night's sleep and a good breakfast before taking the test.
- Encourage your child to stay focused on the test, even if other students finish early. It is human nature to want to speed up when others around you are already finished. Teach your child to start strong, stay focused in the middle, and finish just as strong as you started.
- Wish your child good luck each morning of the test. Tell your child that he/she is special and that you believe in him/her!