Middle School Academic Eligibility
Athletics and activities at NPMS are a privilege for students and they must meet the academic requirements to be eligible to participate. Weekly eligibility reports are run every Friday for the following weeks events.
- Students who are failing a class are put on the warning list. Students are still eligible to participate while on the warning list.
- If a student is failing the same class in consecutive weeks they are deemed academic ineligible and not able to participate in athletics or activities during this time.
- When a student raises their grade to passing in a particular class, they are eligible to participate if they are not on an ineligible list for other classes.
- Students who fail a class at the end of a semester will not be allowed to participate in their next two consecutive sponsored activities including contests and performances.
- Parents will be notified by the NPMS office via email if their child is on either the warning or ineligible list.