603.2 - Summer School Instruction
The North Polk Community School Districtrecognizes the importance of ongoing learning opportunities for students. As such, the district shall offer summer school instruction in accordance with the following:
- The board, in its discretion, may offer summer school for one or more courses and student activities for students who need additional help and instruction or for enrichment in those areas. Upon receiving a request for summer school, the board will weigh the benefit to the students and the school district as well as the school district's budget and availability of licensed employees to conduct summer school.
- If a child who is eligible for special education has been determined to need extended school year services as necessary to receive a free appropriate public education, as determined according to state and federal law, such services shall be provided as described in the child’s individualized education program.
- In additional instances as provided by law.
The superintendent may develop administrative regulations regarding this policy.
- Iowa Code §§ 279.8; 280.3; 282.6.
- Iowa Admin. Code. 41.106.
- 410.2 Summer School Licensed Employees
- 505.2 Student Promotion – Retention – Acceleration
- 603 Instructional Curriculum
- 711.4 Summer School Transportation
Reviewed: 06/16/2005, 06/17/2010, 10/16/2014, 08/15/2019
Revised: 08/20/2015, 10/19/2017