This online policy manual contains the policies of the board of directors of the North Polk Community School District. Policy development is a dynamic, ongoing process. New problems, issues, and needs give rise to the continuing need to develop new policies or to revise existing ones.
How To Use This Policy Manual
The North Polk Community School District operates according to policies established by its board of directors. The board develops policies after careful deliberation, and the school administration implements them through specific regulations and procedures. The board reviews and evaluates its policies and makes revisions as necessary.
This online manual is organized according to a numeric codification system. There are nine major classifications bearing a numeric Series Code. Click on the Code Number to view the policies associated with the Series.
- 100 SCHOOL DISTRICT
- 200 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- 300 ADMINISTRATION
- 400 EMPLOYEES
- 500 STUDENTS
- 600 EDUCATION PROGRAM
- 700 NONINSTRUCTIONAL OPERATIONS AND BUSINESS SERVICES
- 800 BUILDINGS AND SITES
- 900 SCHOOL DISTRICT-COMMUNITY RELATIONS
Sub classifications under each numeric series are based on a logical sequence and coded by the sub classification numeric code.
How To Read The Signs And Symbols
A variety of signs and symbols are used in concert with the numeric codification system. These are explained below:
- R: This symbol following a policy code number indicates the statement is an administrative regulation rather than a board policy.
- E: This symbol following a policy code number indicates the statement is an exhibit rather than a board policy.
- Legal Reference: This sign indicates the legal references. They tell the user where the user may find the statutes, case law, attorney general opinions, or administrative rules that give authority to a policy.
- Cross Reference: Many policies in the manual relate to other policies in the manual. Cross References are provided to assist the user in finding all of the related policies.
Inquires about board policies included in this manual may be directed to the board members or to the superintendent by telephone at (515) 984-3400 Ext 2152 or by writing the school district at 13930 NE 6th Street, Alleman, Iowa 50007.