WEEKLY NEWSLETTER: West Elementary News
For September 2019
HOMECOMING WEEK DRESS UP DAYS:
- MONDAY- Sports Day (wear a jersey or your favorite team apparel)
- TUESDAY- Disney Day (wear anything Disney related)
- WEDNESDAY- Crazy Sock and Hair Day
- THURSDAY- Pajama Day
- FRIDAY- Comet Spirit Day wear Red and Black to celebrate the Comets!
Picture Retakes have been scheduled for Thursday, October 10th. Send the picture package back with your child and they will give it to the photographer at retake day.
If you have questions or concerns, email him directly at email@example.com.
Football Friday Night- Homecoming!The Comet Football team is playing Perry Friday, September 20 for Homecoming. Varsity Kick off this week is at 7:00pm.A reminder to families from the Activities Director regarding Home Football Games:
Come cheer on the Comets!Little Comets Cheer Clinic (New Time - Friday, Sept. 20th)
- Students under 5th grade should be with an adult and stay with the adult while at the game.
- Students should not bring footballs, soccer balls or similar items with them to the game.
- No wrestling, tackling or rough play of any kind should take place while at the game.
- No noise makers, signs, masks etc. should be brought to the game.
Practice: 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Where: North Polk Middle School, Gym #2
Performance: Approx. 6:40 p.m.
Please pick up your student behind the Stadium concession stand following their performance.
For questions contact Amanda Hupp at firstname.lastname@example.org.Comets Basketball ClubComets Basketball Club formerly known as Running Comets is now offering Girls Youth Basketball League. CBC offers age appropriate basketball for boys and girls grades K-6. Girls season is first followed by Boys season later this fall. You can find registration at www.northpolk.orgSchool Board Elections - Accepting Nomination Paperwork Now
North Polk urges those passionate about education to consider running for the 2019 school board elections. Public schools need strong leadership and governance to ensure a bright future for all children and communities. This year, NPCSD has three seats up for election on November 5, 2019. Nomination paperwork is available in the district's administration office located at 13930 NE 6th Street in Alleman. The deadline to turn in completed paperwork is September 19, 2019, at 5PM.
Learn more: https://www.northpolk.org/Page/2724
PTA INFO- The first meeting of the school year is Tuesday, September 17th in the West Elementary Library. All are welcome!
Fall 2019 Box Tops Program
North Polk West Elementary and the NP West PTA participate in the General Mills Scholastic Box Tops for Education program. Through this program, students collect Scholastic Box Tops to help support education and benefit West Elementary. Students who participate in the Box Tops for Education program will receive dollar for dollar book fair credit to be redeemed at the NP West PTA Spring Scholastic Book Fair.
- To receive credit, all Box Tops MUST be glued or taped (no staples please) to a collection sheet.
- Return collection sheets back to your teacher or the school office for credit any time prior to the deadline. Send soon – send often!
- For every Box Top attached to a collection sheet, the student will receive 10¢ to be used at the fair. For example, a completed sheet of 50 is worth $5 at the book fair.
- Please check the expiration date as well - do not submit any expired Box Tops. They CANNOT be submitted to the Box Tops program.
- Any Bonus Box Tops must be included in a separate baggie, not attached to the collection sheet.
- The student's full name, grade and teacher needs to be on each form/baggie to receive credit, even if they are submitted together.
The 2019 Fall deadline to submit Box Tops will be Friday, October 18. If you have questions please email email@example.com
The Fall Book Fair will be held during the Parent/Teacher Conferences in November.
Additional collection sheets can be found here:
-Online at www.boxtops4education.com, Earn tab, Clip Box Tops link, Collection Projects link, choose any of the collection sheets available.
School Day Reminders:
School Hours: 8:30am - 3:30pm dismissal time.
Students can arrive to school at 8:10am. Every Monday is a 1 hour late start 9:30am.
If your child will be late to school/absent for the day, please notify the office by 8:30am. Call 984-3400 ext.2400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If making changes to your child's after school plan, please notify the office by 3pm.
Use this link if you need to change your drop off or pick up stop-
Requests will be processed within a few days upon receiving them. Please contact Transportation if your Infinite Campus records show anything that is inaccurate. Email email@example.com
If you have moved or planning on moving, a change of address has to be processed by North Polk before a new bus stop is assigned.
Breakfast will be served from 8:10am-8:25am on regular start days, 9:10am-9:25am on Late Start Mondays. Breakfast is $1.65, School lunch is $2.45.
You are welcome to come eat lunch with your child any time. The cost for adult lunch is $3.75. Please let the office know by 9am if you'd like to each school lunch.