BACK TO SCHOOL INFORMATION
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT & SCHOOL PICTURES
On August 21st, 2019 from 2:30pm to 7:00pm. we will be having our Back to School Night. This is a time designed for middle school students to have their school pictures taken, drop off school supplies, pick up their schedules along with a locker map, meet school staff and walk through the building to find their classrooms and academic / athletic lockers. Lifetouch will be set up in Gym 2 with two cameras. Teachers will be available from 4:30pm to 7:00pm. We ask that all students and families enter the middle school through the Main Entrance or the SE Activity Doors.
School Pictures - Order before picture day at mylifetouch.com with your picture day ID: BN109041Q0
- First day of school is Friday, August 23rd
- School hours: 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Students should not arrive before 8:10am
- Students should be picked up by 3:45pm
- School breakfast is $1.80 per day
- School lunch is $2.65 per day
- Bus students will exit their buses from the bus lane at Central and then enter the middle school building through the SW doors (#13) in the back of the building
- If your child will be late to school/absent for the day. please notify the office by 8:00am
- 515-984-3400 x2200
NEW NPMS STAFF
- Mr. Ben Wolf - NPMS Assistant Principal/Activities Director
- Mr. Austin Daniels - 6th Global Studies
- Mr. Jamie Spittler - 8th U.S. History
- Mr. Zach Howell - 6/7/8 Chorus
- Mrs. Nikki Kallal - Family Consumer Science 1 & 2
- Mrs. Tia Stubbs - 7th Journalism and 6th Communication
- Mrs. Kristina McKinzie - Para Educator
BEFORE SCHOOL DROP OFF FOR STUDENTS
All students being dropped off before the start of the academic day (8:30am) will need to use the Main Entrance doors (#1). All other doors to the school will be locked.
ARRIVING LATE/LEAVING EARLY
If your child will be arriving late to school, please use the Main Entrance doors (#1) that are located on the north side of the building. These doors are locked and all students will need to use the doorbell to gain access into the building. All students must then stop in the office and sign in for the day. If your child will be leaving early they must sign out in the office before leaving school.
There will be practice the first day of school for those 7th/8th grade students that are participating in fall activities.
TEXTBOOK RENTAL FEES AND CLASS DUES
All 2019-2020 Class Dues and Book Rentals are due at this time. Payments may be made online through Infinite Campus or sent to/dropped off at the middle school office.
- Grades 6 - 8: $45 Book Rental
- Grades 6 - 8: $5 Class Dues
SCHOOL SUPPLIES 2019-2020
The 2019 – 2020 school supply list is now available on the school website. Please use the following path to find the list:
- Select Middle School
Our School Tab
- There will be a drop down to show supply list
- Click on the Supply List
INCOMING 6th GRADE PARENT MEETING & NEW FAMILY NIGHT - AUGUST 19th
This meeting will be held in Gym #2 at 5:00pm. This is for all incoming 6th grade PARENTS only. If you have attended this orientation within the last 5 years, you do not need to attend this meeting. We also want to welcome all new families to NPMS to attend this meeting. New students ARE welcome to this meeting for a tour of the building and an activity with our MS Student Council.
NPMS is participating in the BOX TOPS for Education Fundraiser Program again this year. We will hold both a fall and spring collection. All box tops can be turned in to your student’s Comet Time teacher. When sending box tops to school, please send them in an envelope/bag that is marked with their NAME and COMET TIME.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FAMILIES OF STUDENTS ENTERING 7th GRADE IN THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
All students entering or transferring into 7th grade and born after September 15th, 2004 will need proof of one dose of meningitis vaccine on or after their 10th birthday. They will also need proof of a Tdap vaccine given after 7 years of age. Call your doctor’s office now to make your child’s appointment for these vaccines. Do not wait, as appointments will fill up fast and your child may not be able to see their provider in time. If you do not have health insurance or have a doctor, please call the Polk County Health Dept. at (515) 286-3798. Your child can qualify for the Vaccines for Children Program and can receive the vaccines at little cost. If you have additional questions, please contact me at the Middle School. Angie McGough, RN BSN 515-984-3400 ext 2221 or email@example.com.
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2019 - 2020 SCHOOL YEAR - Please help us reach 100%!!
If you are still needing to register your student, have questions or need help logging into your Parent Portal, please contact Lynette Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 21st - Back to School & School Picture Day (Bring Supplies)
- August 23rd - First Day of School!
- 8:30am - 3:30pm
- October 21st - 23rd - No School
- November 27th - 29th - Thanksgiving Break
- December 23rd - January 1st - Winter Break
- March 13th - 20th - Spring Break
- May 28th - Last Day of School