NPHS Spring 2019 conferences March 7th & March 12th
2-8pm. School will dismiss at 1:15 on these days.
Conferences will take place in teachers' classrooms. To help better accommodate for parent's schedules, we will use "My Conference Time" scheduler where you can schedule individual conferences with teachers. Parents and guardians can use the link:https://www.myconferencetime.com/northpolk/ to access any individual teacher's schedule.
1. click on the link: MyConferenceTime
2. click on the NPHS High School folder
3. select a teacher's name, and
4. click on the time.
It's as simple as that! Once you click on the time, the site will prompt you to enter your student's name and your email address for email notification and reminders.
Also, parents will still have the option to attend conferences either night without signing up for a time.
We look forward to seeing you at P/T conferences in March.
SAVE THE DATE: SPRING FAMILY ENGAGEMENT NIGHT
DATE: APRIL 3
SIMILAR TO THE FALL ENGAGEMENT NIGHT!
COLLEGE READINESS, SCALE, DMACC, 8TH GRADE TRANSITION, 11th GRADE TRANSITION, JOB OPPORTUNITIES, COLLEGE, MORE INFO TO COME.
- AP Exams must be ordered in March (exams taken in May)
- Please talk with your student to decide if they would like to take the exam.
- Cost is $94
- AP Lang and Comp & AP Bio students automatically receive college credit. All other AP courses students must take the exam to be eligible for college credit.
- AP Exams are scored from a 1-5, students will need to check with their individual prospective colleges on the score needed.
Prom Dress Give-A-Way
- Location: Park View Middle School in the Performing Arts Center (Student Entrance)
- Friday March 1st 4:30-6:30pm
- Saturday March 2nd 10am-12pm
- Sunday March 3rd 1pm-3pm
- Monday March 4th 4:30pm-6:30pm
APRIL 30TH JUNIOR FINANCIAL AID NIGHT
- Counselors will begin going into classrooms to schedule for 2019-2020 school year.
- New courses have been added.
- A mock schedule will need to be signed by a guardian once the student has created it.
(Hard Copies located in counseling office)
- Elkhart Community Betterment
- Polk City Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Corporation.
(For other scholarships check out fastweb.com)
Reminders From the Health Office
$10 SPORTS PHYSICAL NIGHT
Monday, May 8th, 5:00 - 8:00pm
(No insurance filed)
There have been many cases of Influenza A and Strep in all buildings. PLEASE keep your student home if they are ill! Extra time is allowed for assignments if they miss school. If your student has a fever
*Students need to be kept home until 24 hours after the last episode of vomiting or diarrhea.
*Students running a fever need to be kept home until 24 hours without a fever or the use of fever reducing medicine.
Thank you for helping keep our students, staff and families healthy!
Sara Figgins, Health Associate (email@example.com)
Show Off Your Comet Spirit with Custom North Polk Vinyl Window Decals!
Customize a decal with your favorite Comet’s activity, jersey number and even their name. Two custom decals for just $20, with free shipping. These custom vinyl window decals are a great way to show your North Polk Comets spirit. And 20% of each order comes back to our North Polk Foundation to support students. Visit https://masterinnovator.wixsite.com/npspiritdecal and select North Polk Comets to order your decal today!
CONCUSSION BASELINE TESTING: If you did not play and fall or winter sport, please sign up for a concussion baseline testing with Courtney Wagner (Athletic Trainer). Sign up sheet is in the office.
- MARCH 7TH: Conferences 2:00pm - 8:00pm
- MARCH 12TH: Conferences 2:00pm - 8:00pm
- MARCH 13TH: AP EXAM ORDER FORMS DUE
- MARCH 15 - 22: SPRING BREAK
- APRIL 13 - 20: SENIOR TRIP
APRIL 1ST LAST DAY TO REQUEST PASS/FAIL