We're committed to...
- Fostering academic excellence, leading students to success for college, career, and civic life.
- Setting and meeting high standards of academic achievement.
- Creating curriculum and learning opportunities centered on the latest trends and theories in education.
At North Polk, teaching and learning is focused on intentionally improving student learning and achievement in a safe, supportive, environment. To reach this goal, North Polk educators work year-round to improve their skills and knowledge. In addition, the district continues to implement the Iowa Core each school year.
Teaching & Learning oversees a variety of programs and services throughout the school district, including:
- Professional Learning and Development
- Assessment and Curriculum
- Teacher Leader and Compensation Grant and System
- School Improvement
- Capacity Development
The department is lead by Maranda Van Cleave who serves as the district’s Director of Teaching and Learning.