*This web page will be updated as new information or guidelines are provided by public health officials. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to maintain a healthy learning environment.
- FOOD ASSISTANCE: NP Comet Cupboard's "Bag of Food" Distribution
- ACADEMIC RESOURCES: Click here for building level academic resources for volunteer at-home learning.
- MENTAL & BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Click here to learn more about LifeWorks services via Telehealth.
- ISU EXTENSION & OUTREACH: Click here for information and virtual programs offered locally and through campus partners.
Communication To District Families & Staff
The North Polk Community School District continues to monitor the expanding global outbreak of a respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus, referred to as COVID-19.
Below is a list of notifications that have been shared with district families and staff. We will share new information as it becomes available via email, those notifications will then be added to this page. Please check back often as this is a rapidly evolving situation.
April 10, 2020: Continuous Learning Plan & More
April 3, 2020: Closure Extended & Other Updates
March 27, 2020: Update To Families & Staff
March 20, 2020: Update For Families & Staff
March 16, 2020: Closing of School Buildings & Facilities
March 15, 2020: Governor's Recommendation
March 13, 2020: Central Iowa Districts Unify
March 9, 2020: Reducing The Spread of Germs
Grab-And-Go Meals For Children
These are uncertain times and we want to do whatever we can to help members of our North Polk communities. There are members of our student body that rely on North Polk to provide a nutritional breakfast and lunch. As a result, this extended break will be even more challenging for some members of our Comet family.
Starting Tuesday, March 24, we will provide Grab-N-Go meals to those in need in an effort to offer some relief. In order to keep each other safe, we will honor social distancing by placing the lunches on a table. All you need to do is grab your bag and go!
What you need to know:
- All meals are FREE of charge for children. Please sign up by 8:00 pm the night before the next delivery date.
- Those that have signed up for meals will be served first. If you do not sign up you will be asked to wait until all individuals that have signed up have been served, depending on availability of meals.
- Alleman, Back of the High School, door #14
- Polk City, Front of West Elementary
- Elkhart, Vista View Trailer Park
- *Sheldahl - Please note, beginning the week of April 6, meals are available in Sheldahl by delivery only
- We will be offering a lunch meal the day of and a breakfast meal for the next morning.
Please use the links below to request your Grab-N-Go meals. This will simply help us know how many meals to prepare. Please specify what location you are going to pick up the meals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions, need clarity, or heard a rumor? Help us ensure accurate information is circulating in our school community by utilizing our electronic form to submit questions.
It is essential that questions are directed to the district so that accurate information can be provided and rumors can be avoided. In addition to this Google Form, questions can also be directed to Superintendent Mart via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 515-984-3400, option 5.