Volunteering In Our Schools
Volunteers play an important role in the success of our school district.
To ensure a safe learning environment for students, the district screens all individuals prior to allowing access to our school buildings. Volunteers, in particular, are asked to complete the online questionnaire and background check prior to admittance.
- Click here to view the Volunteer Handbook.
- Click here to begin the Volunteer Questionnaire & Background Check.
Please note: The district has made changes to its policy on covering charges for formal background checks of volunteers. Going forward, we kindly ask that frequent volunteers (5 times or more per school year) cover the $15 fee associated with their background check. This allows us to remain fiscally responsible while continuing to provide a safe and secure environment for our students.
Once a volunteer is approved, they can serve without charge for five years until an updated background check is required. For one-time volunteers (e.g., for a field trip), we offer a no-cost option by simply requesting their official ID or driver's license to run through our background check system, Raptor.
We want to emphasize that we value our volunteers and the positive impact they have on our school district. We hope that this policy change will not discourage anyone from continuing to volunteer their time and talents. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Parent Involvement Opportunities
North Polk School Foundation:
- The Foundation works to support high quality education in the North Polk Community School District.
- All facets, groups, clubs, classes, and teachers of the district benefit from contributions of The Foundation.
- Click here to learn more about the North Polk School Foundation.