Elementary Principal (PreK-4th Grade)
The North Polk CSD is seeking a dynamic instructional leader to serve in the role of Preschool through 4th grade Elementary Principal at the West Elementary School in Polk City. In addition to holding the appropriate State of Iowa licensure, we are looking for the successful candidate with the following qualifications
- Valid state certification with endorsement for Elementary Principal from the BOEE or be eligible to obtain.
- Iowa Evaluator Approval or be eligible to obtain.
- Master's Degree in Educational Administration
- Quality teaching experiences
- Works collaboratively with staff and has provides educational leadership in areas relating to curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Demonstrates effective leadership in the areas of the District vision statement.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of and commitment to the following:
- Data analysis and utilization for student learning growth
- MTSS structures and supports
- PLC-Professional Learning Communities process
- TLC process, including experiences and understanding of instructional coaching models and instructional frameworks.
- Technology innovation and integration
- Strong facilitation skills related to school improvement.
- Knowledge of school building budget as well as systemic funding sources.
- Works cooperatively instructional coach, Director of Teaching & Learning, and other administrative staff in designing and providing effective development programs.
- Quality experiences related to special programming, ie. Special Education, English language learners, 504s, TAG.
- Proven collaboration with families and community.
- Committed to “Learning from all by learning from all.”
An excellent salary and benefits package, aligned with candidate’s experiences, will be offered. Candidate to begin July 1, 2019.
More About North Polk:
The North Polk CSD is located just north of the Des Moines Metro area between Ankeny and Ames and has a reputation for high quality education, athletics and fine arts. The North Polk District serves the communities of Alleman, Elkhart, Polk City, Sheldahl and northern Ankeny and is comprised of four schools:
- North Polk High School (9th-12th)
- North Polk Middle School (6th-8th)
- Central Elementary School (PS-5th)
- West Elementary School (PS-4th)
Candidates meeting the above criteria are encouraged to apply for the position through the Teach Iowa website (www.teachiowa.gov).
Application deadline is Tuesday, January 22, 2019. Questions can be directed to Dr. Dan Mart, Superintendent of Schools, 515-984-3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening of applicants will begin immediately. Finalist interviews will be conducted the beginning of February 2019.
The North Polk CSD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.